Belly Dance - What is it?
- Belly Dance is the music made visible.
- Belly Dance mainly uses the muscles of the torso rather than legs or arms.
- Belly Dance has its roots in folk dances of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Some Belly Dance is recent and western.
- Belly Dance comes in a wide range of styles.
- Belly Dance is a gentle and enjoyable form of exercise.
- Belly Dance is suitable exercise for most pregnant women.
- Belly Dance is enjoyed by people of all ages, religions and fitness.
- Belly Dance is performed by both men and women.
- Belly Dance is a chance to dress up.
- Belly Dance is a chance to make costumes.
But not all dances of the Middle East and North Africa are Belly Dance.
The diagram below may appeal to those of a logical or mathematical bent:
|Return to www.bellyraqs.co.nz
for those with a general interest in the dance
|Site Index||Return to www.raqs.co.nz
includes articles for the dedicated convert
© Copyright 2005-2014
Updated by JEWEL