- Feet flat and facing forward (parallel), about hip width apart (a Jazz second)
- Knees soft and slightly bent. Weight on both feet.
- Knees over toes at all times
- Pelvis neutral to tucked.
(for more info on why to avoid the dropped pelvis posture read this)
- Torso lifted.
- Shoulders back and down but relaxed
- Face open facing ahead
Whenever you bend your legs, ensure your knees stay over your second toe – or thereabouts.
A neutral relaxed arm position used with many moves.
- Shoulders relaxed
- Arms bent at elbow but not at wrist
- Elbows pointed to the back and slightly forward of the body
- Forearms horizontal to floor and about 20º out.
- Hands relaxed with fingers slightly curved and not splayed.
- Generally the hands do not waggle about in space. They may gently follow the movement.
Return to www.raqs.co.nz
© Copyright 2002-2008
Updated by JEWEL