LooseningBefore practicing isolations you should raise a light sweat (warm-up) and loosen the area. Here are some ideas for loosening:
Lift & drop (dropping should release tension; also lift push back and squeeze shoulder blades together)
Swing your arms rhythmically in front of your body, to the sides and up
Use lateral movements only. Do not warm-up with head rolls.
- Tilt ear to shoulder (without twist) (L & R)
- Twist head to look over each shoulder while keeping chin level
- Tilt forward & back (with care - leave mouth open; don't force)
- Pull your head in (retract), now tip your head to the side and encourage it by pulling down with your hand.
- Push your head out - like a chicken - (retract), now tip your head to the side and encourage it by pulling down with your hand.
© Copyright 2002-2008
Updated by JEWEL